Carrot, Tomato and Coconut Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- 10 medium size carrots, rinsed and sliced
- 5 chopped fresh tomatoes
- Water, enough to cover
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 can (400 g / 14 oz.) full fat coconut milk
Heat oil in a pot. Add onions, garlic and turmeric and sauté until soft and fragrant. Add carrots and tomatoes and cook for a minute or so, while stirring. Now add water, sea salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the carrots are tender.
When the soup is ready, use an immersion (hand) blender to puree until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk, taste and adjust the flavors as needed.