Italian Potato Salad
Ingredients for the Salad
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes – unpeeled and quartered or halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
For the Dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring a very large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
Meanwhile wash and scrub the potatoes of any dirt. If the potatoes are on the larger side, cut or quarter them. Once the water reaches a rapid boil, add the potatoes. Boil for about 20 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Strain and set aside.
While the potatoes boil, prep the remaining salad ingredients. Add them all to a very large serving bowl and combine. To make the dressing, simply combine all the ingredients in small bowl or measuring cup and whisk well. Add the boiled potatoes to the large serving bowl and combine with the tomato, celery and olive mixture. Pour the dressing over it all and mix again, until well coated. Serve warm or cold.