Garlic-Lemon Chicken Kabobs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into ¾ inch pieces
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2–8 hours. Prepare a medium fire in a grill. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before use.
Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers and discard the excess marinade. Lightly oil the grill grates. Place the kabobs on the grill, cover and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 8–12 minutes, turning once or twice during cooking. Feel free to add vegetables to your marinade and alternate threading the chicken and vegetables.